Question

Top Student
MarshallMan
Message 1 of 6 (225 Views)

Please Help! No speakers or heaphones are plugged in

Hi, I currently own a HP ENVY m6-1310sa Notebook PC and I've recently come across a problem where my sound icon is showing "No speakers or headphones are plugged in".

Ive been to several other forums and posted one, but have had no luck. Ive tried system recovery, hp recovery manager to re-install the IDT driver, manually downloading the drivers, but nothing seems to work.

This is what my Playback devices show, ive noticed that the "Speakers" option isnt there to set as default (and I have ticket the box to show "disabled divices"). Also I have noticed that my Beats Audio seems to have dissapered from the laptop as well. Im really unsure what to do. Manually downloading the IDT driver gives a message saying that it has been aborted.

Please help, any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

My playback.png

Top Student
MarshallMan
Message 2 of 6 (220 Views)

Re: Please Help! No speakers or heaphones are plugged in

Also there are no recording devices installed either.

Top Student
MarshallMan
Message 3 of 6 (130 Views)

Thanks for all the help......................

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 6 (94 Views)

Hi MarshallMan, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are not getting sound, and your playback panel is pretty much empty. Try right clicking on the panel and show hidden devices. If nothing appears, follow through this set of steps: No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8)

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
MarshallMan
Message 5 of 6 (73 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but still no good.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 6 (66 Views)

Try restoring the original IDT Audio drivers using this method: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)

If that fails you can check for hardware test here: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 8)

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation