Question

Honor Student
KeyMs92
Message 1 of 4 (6,271 Views)
Accepted Solution

Probook 6450b: Headphones not detected..?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

As of today, I suddenly have this weird problem that the headphone doesn't seem to be detected properly. This happens with both the default Windows driver and the IDT driver.

When I use the default Windows driver, only the speakers are shows in "Sound" (turned off devices are shown). The headphone doesn't seem to work; whether I plug it in or not, I only get sound out of the speakers.

When I use the IDT driver, all playback devices are show in "Sound". However, this time the speakers don't work and only the headphones work. Interestingly, when I go into the IDT control panel, the headphones are still shown as 'plugged in', even if they're not.

I also removed the Intel graphics driver. Since it contains an audio driver of its own. I was thinking it might interfere with the other audio drivers. As it turns out it doesn't seem to have any influence. 

All this leads me to believe that the problem is not that the headphones or speakers are not working, but that something is wrong with the detection of headphones...

I hope someone can help me out!

Top Student
ARBitrary
Message 2 of 4 (5,914 Views)

Re: Probook 6450b: Headphones not detected..?

I had the same issue, and it fixed itself after reinstalling my audio driver.

I went here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&taskId=135&prodTypeId...

Select your computer type, your windows version, and the select "Driver - Audio." Download, install, restart.

Honor Student
KeyMs92
Message 3 of 4 (5,910 Views)

Thanks for your reply! (better late than never :smileyvery-happy:)

I solved the problem a long time ago, with a solution comparable to yours. So I'll mark your reply as 'accepted'.

Top Student
ARBitrary
Message 4 of 4 (5,893 Views)

Haha, I just happened to be going through the problem myself yesterday!

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation