Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

As I understand it, when Realtek audio is uninstalled, Beats audio and the stereo mix device which is a Realtek High Definition audio default device will also be uninstalled. Then after rebooting, Windows will install generic audio drivers etc. which may or may not be compatable with the motherboard and probably does not have the stereo mix option.

As the laptop is new, and in an ideal world, HP would take control of the laptop and would install replacement Realtek audio drivers etc. that are compatable with the mother board and reinstall the stereo mix option. But, I suspect that HP is not likely to do this. 

Thank you for your prompt responses.  It has been a learning experience for me. 

HP Recommended

The Stereo Mix feature is included in most, if not all, Realtek drivers. You can download Realtek drivers from alternate sources online as well.

This notebook was designed to work with Beats Audio so I can't promise you anything with audio will work right without it installed. You've got to take into consideration you've purchased a Beats audio notebook. You're looking for a something that involves removing a key feature of the device that simply was never meant to work that way. 

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you,

This bypassed the crappy beats audio software however I now have two new problems the first is my media keys (HP Pavilion 15-p011na) F6-F11 have stopped working i presume they were included in the reltek driver, is there another driver i can use to regain that functionality?

The second problem is more cosmetic while the sound is cleaner it has promenent high end, but there is no enhancements or equaliser. again this probibly a missing or wrong driver.

I would apreciate assistance or pointers.

HP Recommended

Hey @MrPeterKyo ,

Unfortunately I can't really promise you anything will work correctly regarding audio without the driver that's designed for your product.

Hopefully another community member will be able to provide some insight.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I'm looking for the same solution here.  The problem is that the BeatsAudio STILL cycles the volume on all music.

This is a 2 year old problem fixed here for IDT: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-leveling-random-et...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/Volume-Swings-During-Songs-with-Beats-Audio...

Unfortunately, my new laptop uses Realtek, not IDT.  So I cannot choose the Disable all Enhancements or the IDT fixes.

Yeah, we purchased the Beats Audio laptops for BETTER sound, not worse.  Can we get a fix for the volume cycling (still...more than 2 years later) on the Realtek Beats Audio?

HP Recommended

I second the need for a fix - this is CRAZY!! Please provide a fix for the Reltek PCs!!

HP Recommended

Just so you're aware HP, I went through the steps above to completely disable BeatsAudio this is such an annoying failure.  Also, the light on the mute is disabled, the subwoofer is disabled, the EQ is disabled, and the volume now REALLY sucks. 

Basically, you've given us the choice to have bad sound or virtually no sound.  On a laptop advertising better than average sound.  For crying out loud, just stop volume adjusting!  It's not so very difficult given that a sound card doesn't do it by default.  Just give us a way to disable that feature without killing every other useful feature related to the sound.

HP Recommended

Same problem here :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/Remove-Audio-Beats-component-no-IDT-Audio-C...

We really need help on this, can't HP works on it and find us a solution to avoid :

- Beats Audio to mess up with the sound volume.

- Beats Audio to have an impact on the frequencies even when it's disabled.

More than that, can't HP provides guidelines to totally remove Beats Audio and replace it with a clean driver, working well like it always did before ?

I can see this problem exists for month :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/How-can-I-just-use-a-generic-Realtek-audio-...

How is this possible ? Don't let us down !

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Is it planned to get a volume fix for Beats Audio Realtek driver ?

HP Recommended

Nope, HP will do nothing about it. 

A few other users and I are delving into the driver itself to come up with a temporary workaround.  It appears the Beats audio just uses SRS enchancements over the realtek driver, similar to the IDT chips. Currently looking in the registry and trying to find the settings that disable all the extra fluff.

Really fed up with beats audio. Probably will be my last HP laptop tbh.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.