Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Folio 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I updated to Win10 about a month ago I kept getting an error message, and the fix that finally worked had me reset my computer.  It fixed the error issue BUT I lost audio. In my list of "removed apps" from the reset is shown the IDT audio. The fix I found for that (through googling) was to delete the IDC driver and use the built-in windows driver. This gave me audio, and at first I was just thankful to have anything. But now I'm getting frustrated because my volume levels are super low. I crank everything to 100 and can still barely hear. Before I upgraded I had amazing audio, and never raised the volume over 10 or 15. How do I get this back?

I know there are a gazillion posts on this topic, and I have spent hours googling and trying different fixes, but nothing seems to restore the previous sound quality I had. I try to reinstall the most current IDT driver, but Windows says that I have the most current driver (I deleted the IDT drivers when I reverted to the standard Windows drivers), and if I download and try and install manually it won't recognize the file.  I also tried switching to '24 bit 96000Hz audio' but that didn't work either. Help?  

Thanks!

FYI: This is where I downloaded the driver (incase not the right one for some reason) http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/IDT/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-61065040-for-Window...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

BEAMV,

Did you ever find anything out about this. I have the exact same problem and can not find a driver that will work.

The default Windows driver allows me play everything but a very low volume. If I use he IDT driver from the Win8 section of the HP support site, I have great volume but then my video playback is broken and jerky.

HP Recommended

Hi. Nope, no answers. I re-installed the IDT codec when they updated the driver for Win10, but my volume levels are still super low. It's driving me batty. 

HP Recommended

Uninstall audio driver and let microsoft windows update install the High Definition Audio Device.You will have sound

but still audio levels will be low,so install Equalizer APO from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

to amplify and fix the quality of sound with the equalizer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.