Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Two weeks back I installed Windows 8. Now I have Win 7 & Win 8 on dual boot. But SRS premium sound enhancement does not improve the sound quality in windows 8 as it does in windows 7. I mean it does nothing when I slide the audio enhancement slides. The sound is same whether the srs audio enhancement is enabled or not. But the equalizer works fine, only the audio enhancements not working.....my laptop HP G6 1202tx i3 4gb ram 500gb hdd 1gb radeon. Everything is okay in windows 7 but what happened to windows 8?

Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem here, on my pavilion g4 after upgrading to windows 8 from 7

The audio enhancement doesn't make any change to the sound when i enable it (this used to function properly on windows 7)

The equalizer setting works just fine on windows 8

I hope HP has explanation about this issue

HP Recommended
And another problem is my laptop gets overheated when I switch to high performance in power option...even when I am browsing web or scrolling through the menus. But again in win 7 this doesn't happen..... Is this due to drivers incompatibility? I'm sick of it.
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Your problem is more than likely from the drivers not being compatible with the upgrade to Windows 8.

Most of the Windows 7 drivers still work with windows 8, so you might try to reinstall the drivers from Hp.com

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

What do we do to fix it because the drivers I downloaded that you guys have on your website dont make the  left side enhancements work.  ps you guys really need to fix this problem asap because I would like this feacure to work.

HP Recommended

And also reinstalling it does not work

HP Recommended

You could try to install the Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode:

1. Visit HP Support and get the Windows 7 drivers for the hardware you'd like to try.
  2. Download the driver to your desktop.
  3. Allow the extraction to complete but close the installation process when it comes up.
  4. Navigate to the C:\swsetup\ folder.  You will see your driver listed here.  They usually have a name like "sp56349".  Navigate to this folder.
  5. Within your driver's folder you will see a "setup.exe" file.  Right click this file and select Properties.
  6. Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.
  7. Click the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode for..." and also select Windows 7 from the drop down menu.
  8. Check the box which says "Run this program as administrator" at the bottom.
  9. Save these changes and double-click the "setup.exe" to begin the install.
  10. Once the install completes reboot your PC and verify the functionality of the piece of hardware.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Any luck with this?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I was googleing this problem when I found this thread. I have the same problem too on my HP ProBook 4540s. I did some testing, you can read it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/231702-problem-with-srs-premium-sound-drivers-on-windows-81/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.