Question

Student
kissa655
Message 1 of 6 (13,155 Views)

Sigma tel C-Major audio driver has stopped working properly.

This morning I turned my computer on and it says this......

Sigmatel C-Major audio driver has stopped working properly.

To solve this problem, go online to your computer manufacturer's website and search for Sigmatel C-Major audio driver updates.

....well i did what it told me to do but I could not find anything called C-major audio driver update. Help please.

Teacher
Radamad
Message 2 of 6 (13,148 Views)

Re: Sigma tel C-Major audio driver has stopped working properly.

Open Device manager (start - control panel - classic view - device manager)

Go down to sound, video, and game controllers

uninstall all audio devices and restart the machine.

Should help resolve the issue.

If it comes back, to the your product's software page

Download the latest audio driver and install it.

Restart.

Student
jamesd413
Message 3 of 6 (12,570 Views)

Just follow this link and follow the instructions, it fixed the problem for me. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01860380&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3998676

Student
bartolo
Message 4 of 6 (4,965 Views)

I need sigmatel c-major audio driver updates

Student
masau23
Message 5 of 6 (3,643 Views)

I've had the same issue for weeks now. I received the same message about the Sigma tel C-Major audio driver but I couldn't find it anywhere on my computer. I have an HP Pavilion 64 bit notebook and I was finally able to restore my sound by reinstalling the audio codec device. I selected HP Help and Support from the programs menu, then I clicked on Backup & Recovery. I selected Using Backup & Recovery then Using Recovery Manager. After hitting Launch Recovery Manager, click next, the system will ask you if you want to perform a program recovery; select No. Click next and select yes to Would you like to Perform a Driver Recovery? A list will be provided, then select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver. After these steps, the system will begin to reinstall the driver and the computer will automatically restart. When I did this I was able to get my sound back. I don't know how long it wil last but I haven't had any issues so far. Good luck I hope this works for you guys too!

Student
carenjacobs
Message 6 of 6 (1,293 Views)

How is this to be fixed????

Thank you,

Caren J. Jacobs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation