Question

Student
dudettrob
Message 1 of 5 (3,657 Views)

Skype audio problem

Brand new Pavilion dv6, I downloaded Skype. I can see my friends, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.
Any suggestions on what to do. I've tried all the audio buttons, and I can hear all the regular sounds that Skype has. Is there a button on the computer itself that I need to press, to make the microphone work? My friends think it's my microphone, and it must be. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 5 (3,626 Views)

Re: Skype audio problem

Here are the steps for configuring Microphone on skype....

Start Skype. Click on Tools > Options in the main menu.

Skype Options

The Skype Options panel will appear. Find the Audio Settings tab, click on it.

In the Microphone dropdown menus, select the devices on your notebook. Click Save.

Skype Options

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
1trousers
Message 3 of 5 (3,554 Views)

Hello, Seema to have tried all options, I have three options for which sound system is being used and have tried all three but to no avail:

SKYPE INCOMMING SOUND IS NOT WORKING STILL.     Help ?

I think this is peculier to HP too if this is of any help.

Best Regards, Tony Watson

Honor Student
DeveloperHP
Message 4 of 5 (3,345 Views)

Hi there. Just got HP mini netbook. Skype mike did not work, but fixed it using your advice. thanks a lot.

DeveloperHP

Cyclops wrote:

Here are the steps for configuring Microphone on skype....

Start Skype. Click on Tools > Options in the main menu.

Skype Options

The Skype Options panel will appear. Find the Audio Settings tab, click on it.

In the Microphone dropdown menus, select the devices on your notebook. Click Save.

Skype Options

Student
cochenerd
Message 5 of 5 (995 Views)

I tried the suggestion for the HPmini audio problem but it has not fixed the issue., When skyping, I can see the person and hear then but they can only see me. We perisistenly get the red box message that the internet connection is poor and we should turn off video to get the sound ---- doesnt' help. Besides going into Skype - Tools-options-audio, is there someplace else I can search on the Mini for a resolution. It is not an internet connection problem as skype notes because my full size laptop has no problems with skype --- neither did my asus eeepc netbook. Help, please! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation