Question

Student
JebusCripts
Message 1 of 2 (169 Views)

Sound coming through headphones and speakers.

Hello,

About 2 months ago I was talking with some friends on Skype and one of my friends kept complaining about an echo coming from my end. However when i checked it I realized that the echo was my mic picking up the speakers from my laptop. I have already tried adjusting the sound levels, disabling speakers and headphones, redownloading the drivers, updating my BIOS, etc. and even tried wiping my laptop hoping to fix the problem. I am my whits end as the problem persists after each fix. Another thing is that computer acknowledges that the headphones are plugged as I can hear it perfectly fine through it. Also whenever i plug a microphone into the microphone jack there is a pause or disconnection from the sound like it did when i first got it. Which leads me to believe the soundcard is still working fine. Does anyone know a fix for this besides the ways I've already stated? If not does anyone know how to disable/disconnect the speakers from the hardware?

Notebook Information:

HP Pavilion dv6-6c16nr Entertainment Notebook PC:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.1C, 1/23/2013

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)

Re: Sound coming through headphones and speakers.

Hey,

For the other person being able to hear you echo, during a Skype call. I have included the link 'Solutions to Your Skype Echo Problem'. This link will take you through different steps of try to cancel the echo. You can also try the steps in the video 'How to fix Skype echo problems and improve call quality'. Most of the steps here a duplicates of the previous link.

The last step that I would suggest is looking into the Call Echo at Skype.com/support. This site has a lot of troubleshooting information that you can try.

Regards.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation