Question

Student
tgav
Message 1 of 4 (892 Views)

Sound distorted

Just recently when i play music it sounds like a scratched CD. The sound intermittenly cuts in and out.

Honor Student
Dorsiflexor
Message 2 of 4 (887 Views)

Re: Sound distorted

I have same problem on Pavilion Dv6 laptop.  Sounds like radio static with brief sound cut-outs. Problem worsening.

(Unchanged after uninstalling/reinstalling current driver and installing latest Itunes version.  System says IDT High Definition Audio CODEC working OK but sound is consistently bad from ITunes file on my hard drive, CD in my optical drive, and audio from internet broadcasts. 

HP "help" chat now says that for further troubleshooting I must re-intall my OS (Win 7), which would wipe out all programs and files on my hard drive and so require re-loading all of them.  This would be costly, time-consuming, & makes no sense.

Better ideas, anyone?

Honor Student
Dorsiflexor
Message 3 of 4 (886 Views)

Follow-up point: Problem is clearly internal to this dv6 laptop.  Distortion same through this laptop's internal speakers and external speakers. 

No distortion from same source material on another computer.

Student
ps3_gt5
Message 4 of 4 (830 Views)

I have a DV6 special edition with i7 and Dre speakers.  the sound is distorted and terrible. I just got this laptop 2 weeks ago. What poor quality control HP has.. :-( 

I am thinking that I need to have this fixed. 
But that means sending it to HP and missing my laptop for days if not weeks.

I believe the speakers themselves are poorly built..

same movies or songs played on another laptop just sounded normal - no distortion.

I haven't tried external speakers. I will .. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation