Question

Student
Jormungardr
Message 1 of 3 (3,679 Views)

Sound not working through headphones, Doesn't even recognize it as connected.

Hello,

Since a few months ago I've been having random audio problems. I have my headphones connected and working playing sound, And randomly the sound just comes through the speakers even if I was doign nothing but sitting back listening to music and the audio stops from my headphones, Just plays through speakers alone.

Now it's permanent, I can't get sound to my headphones but the headphones work on other devices such as other PC's and tablets so I'm guessing it's my PC.

The only sound I get from the headphones is on the volume mixer on the communications headphones tab when I press the bar it does the usual "ding" sound, other then that, No music or other sound plays.

I have IDT audio drivers up-to-date according to windows at the time of this post.

Headphones are JVC Xtreme Xplosive (Over-ear edition)

I'm currently using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

HP Pavilion G series

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

~Jormungardr

Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 2 of 3 (3,637 Views)

Re: Sound not working through headphones, Doesn't even recognize it as connected.

Hi,

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers?

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 3 of 3 (3,586 Views)

Re: Sound not working through headphones, Doesn't even recognize it as connected.

Hello Jormungardr,

Take a look at this document and use Recovery Manager to restore your software and drivers.  Let me know if this works.  When you reply, please include your specific product number.

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation