Sound problems, Headphones and Speakers (200 Views)
Student
Huzvv
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)

Sound problems, Headphones and Speakers

[ Edited ]

Okay so I have a HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC, Windows 7 Home Premium.

This is the problem I am having.

When I first turn my computer on everything is working fine , the problem starts when I run programs like Skype, or a game like Starcraft 2. What happens is when I have my headphones in and call someone on Skype everything works fine, but if I run Starcraft 2 my sound starts coming from my speakers and not my headphones.

Also sometimes if Im just talking on Skype and the call disconnects when I call back the sound starts coming out of the speaker again, its like it happens at random  I am not sure.
I tried going to Control Panel then Sound then Sound card settings then Set as deffault device. I seen this on a couple different forums posts, but this does not help at all...
I have no clue what it is, and I am not so good with computer unless I am getting a walk trough.

Hope someone here can help, Thanks.

Edit: I can go to options on Starcraft or Skype and set it to make the sound come out the speakers, but I use em both depending on what Im doing, also shouldent it just work when I plug the headphones in?
Thnx

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: Sound problems, Headphones and Speakers

Hello Huzvv,

You’re having a problem with the sound not working correctly.

I’d try to uninstall the IDT audio from device manager and restart the computer.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver for the sound.

Here is a link to device manager.

Since its random, it’s a little harder to tell exactly what is causing the problem, but here is a link that will help trouble shoot common audio problems.

If the sound was working correctly before, you might try a system restore.

This will take the system back to when everything was working correctly without affecting your personal files.

Here is a link to a restore.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Have a good day.
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation