Question

Student
arv2484
Message 1 of 6 (4,010 Views)

Sound problems for HP Pavillion DV 2000

Hi there,

My HP Pavillion DV 2000 having problems with the sound, able to hear thru headphones not thru external speakers. Tried going thru the sound control to check the mute is off, sound properties thru device manager, tried updating the sound driver which is conexant high definition smart audio HD2 thru device manager. I need some help to fix this sound which has been going since past 3 days. Thank you.

Student
AShukla
Message 2 of 6 (3,950 Views)

Re: Sound problems for HP Pavilion DV 2000

I just now resolved similar problem on my hp dv4 series laptop, here is the fix

1. right click on speaker (near the clock)

2.Click on Playback devices

3.right click in the "playback window" & then click on "show disabled" devices"

4. you should see speaker and headphone disabled, enable it (it should put a green check mark on it)

enjoy the external speaker sound now. hope it helps.

Honor Student
Muniba
Message 3 of 6 (2,006 Views)

Re: Sound problems for HP Pavillion DV 2000

Honor Student
Muniba
Message 4 of 6 (2,006 Views)

Hi

Did you find any solution for this??

I recently started having similar problem, my headphone works but the external speakers won't work and vice versa.

Also, my headphones work if i have them half-plugged in the lop.

Only one of them 'd work with busted sound if i have them plugged fully!

I am out of warranty and have already paid $300 for hardware problem, infact the problem started after I got my laptop from the shop (where i gave them for fix).

They denied to refix with the same amount I paid them...I can't pay them more :smileysad:

I  need to know how can I have headphones and speakers both working?

Help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tutor
cptncrnch
Message 5 of 6 (1,999 Views)

I have a Pavilion dm4-1162us laptop and I just had similar audio issues start today.

I had headphones plugged in to play a game and when I was finished, I unplugged my headphones, and suddenly no sound was coming out of the laptop's speakers. The sound works when I plug the headphones in again.

I have checked all of the audio settings and made sure the speakers are set as default and enabled. I have rolled back the drivers to version 6.10.6300.0 and also I have tried reinstalling the latest version 6.10.6324.0 yet it still doesn't work.

I noticed throughout the ordeal, the IDT control panel looked like it detected the headphone jack as active even though nothing was plugged in.

idt-jack-detected.png

Is there a way to reset this detected state? If anything else, how can I just use the Windows audio drivers? Do I need to remove the driver files in the swsetup folder?

Student
Badranov007
Message 6 of 6 (1,415 Views)

I need your help as soon as possible. I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv-2000 and I had a big problem which is when i connect the charger to he lap. the volume key start make noise and convert from silent mod t high level and again and again it happened many times with a Beeb sound from the lap ad if i disconnect the charger it is ok and work in a good way without any problem,,,   s kindly if anyone know a solution please advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation