Question

Honor Student
jcworchard
Message 1 of 20 (10,942 Views)

Sound won't play through my TV with a HDMI Cable

Hey guys.

I can't play sound from my laptop through my TV with the HDMI Cable plugged in. I have seen on forums that you need to go on Sound, Playback Devices and make HDMI your default but I do not have this option. How can I get HDMI on my Playback Devices list.

Thanks for your help.

Top Student
TeoIfO
Message 2 of 20 (10,908 Views)

Re: Sound won't play through my TV with a HDMI Cable

Same problem here.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 3 of 20 (10,905 Views)

Hi jcworchard. I am sure I can find you a document with instructions. I just need to know what version of Windows you have installed. Also what is the model number of your computer?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108
<How Do I Find My Desktop Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07555

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
jcworchard
Message 4 of 20 (10,870 Views)

I have recently installed Windows 8.1 and my Model Number is; Product number: E2U40EA#ABU

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 5 of 20 (10,806 Views)

Me too having same problem. Upgraded to 8.1 and HD Audio not working. Product Niumber - C8P48AV
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 20 (10,733 Views)

jcworchard, try uninstalling and reinstalling the 8.1 version of your audio drivers. Let me know if that brings back HDMI audio.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-124857-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 7 of 20 (10,733 Views)

Anand_B, this should be the same file, but to make sure I went to your computers driver download page (HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition). Let me know.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-124857-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Student
amga
Message 8 of 20 (10,719 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem: no audio on my TV when connecting with HDMI after Win 8.1 update. Just can hear sound on my laptop while watching the video on my TV.

I've tried re-installing both versions of Audio drivers included in HP website, also the NVIDIA drivers and didn't work.

Anyone has any other idea?

my laptop model is: C8P47AV (Envy TS 15)

Thank you very much in advance.

Honor Student
jcworchard
Message 9 of 20 (10,701 Views)

How do you uninstall the Audio Driver.

I downloaded and installed the one you told me to without uninstalling but still have the same problem.

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 10 of 20 (10,683 Views)

Hi Terry,

I have tried that.. but still have the problem exists.

Thanks,

Anand

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation