Question

Honor Student
Roy1991
Message 1 of 4 (2,491 Views)

Speaker problems with = HP Pavilion dv6-3136ee

[ Edited ]

I have a recently bought HP Pavilion dv6-3136ee and lately only one of the laptop's speakers aren't functioning(the left one). Can anyone help me with this?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (2,480 Views)

Re: Speaker problems with = HP Pavilion dv6-3136ee

HI,

Which OS is installed?

Go to Start-->Control Panel--> Sound

select Speakers and then select configure.

A new Window should open and you can test your sound.

If the test shows the speaker has failed the I suggest you contact HP Customer care. Hopefully your notebook is still within its warranty period.

You may also consider using a headphone set for a test to verify that the speaker has failed and it is not a setting that you have mistakenly changed.

sound_test.PNG

You can select properties instead of configure to see if the window looks like the one below which is correctly configuredspeaker properties.PNG.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Roy1991
Message 3 of 4 (2,463 Views)

Thanx for your help.

I changed the format in the properties box and then tried the configure. This time the sound came from the left speaker but it was very low.

So is this a hardware problem and should i go to customer care?

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (2,459 Views)

Start-->type in Sound and select Control Panel Sound. Select Speakers and then Properties. Now select the Levels tab. and then select Balance. You should set the slider to around 50 or to whatever level sounds good to you.

speaker properties.PNG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation