Speakers not working after using HDMI connection (5891 Views)
Student
Etitan
Message 1 of 2 (5,891 Views)

Speakers not working after using HDMI connection

Hey,

I have a Hp pavilion dv7-1232 Entertainment Notebook and I've been using my tv as a monitor since i broke my screen.

In attempt to keep the bill low i disconnect it from the tv to use the laptop speakers when listening to music but recent attempts have been futile. 

I can get sound from the earphone jacks but not the speakers which the led light stays orange for (hdmi not connected), though it does mute and unmute the sound to the HDMI connection.

I tried to Disable/enable, uninstall/intall audio drivers and make sure i have all the updates. But the uninstall/ reboot options are all unable to be selected i can only view the driver.

I am the administrator

it says i have Hi-def Audio device driver and idt codec.

It would be nice if I could finagle with it not connected to the tv but Im unable to see the screen. 

Please help me, Thanks.

Tutor
Saitzev
Message 2 of 2 (5,839 Views)

Re: Speakers not working after using HDMI connection

I would reccommend Etitan to go into your audio device settings, by right-clicking the speaker in the lower right of the screen and going into playback devices. For some reason I have seen where Windows will sometimes just refuse to revert from HDMI to Speakers (or Speakers and Dual Headphones). If you change it back it should work.

"I much as others work for HP however my thoughts are that of my own."
Antec P190+1200W, Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, AMD Phenom X3 720@3.2Ghz w/ Thermalright XP120 w/Scythe Ultra Kaze, Crucial Ballistix DDR3 4GB@1333, 2xWD Black 640GB RAID 0, ATi 4870 512MB, Xtreme Music X-Fi, Logitech Z-5500 5.1, G5 and G15 ver2.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation