Question

Student
SmokeyB
Message 1 of 9 (13,169 Views)

Touch activated mute button on HP Pavillion dv4-1125nr

So i have all of the touch sensative buttons on the top row of my laptop that controll sound and the media devices and they all seem to work accept the mute button. Its always red (should change from red to blue depending on whether it is muted or not). My laptop registers me pressing the button because the speaker icon in my system tray will change to muted or unmuted and i can change the volume or pause/play songs but i can't get any sound out of my speakers. All of the touches register but nothing really happens. I have checked the speak window in my control pannel and it is getting an audio reading. The speakers are turned up but i can't get any sound. I just assume it has something to do with the mute button not changing colors.

If this is a driver problem please link to the driver download page? 

Thanks so much

S.

Top Student
smiggle2003
Message 2 of 9 (13,112 Views)

Re: Touch activated mute button on HP Pavillion dv4-1125nr

hi i had same problem with my dv7, however first ask yourself did you do or did your computer do a windows update. i found with my dv7 that when some particular component was updated through windows update it took out the speakers on top at same time it also did the red mute button constantly  yes it registered that i touched the pad but still no sound. so i did a system restore as a trial and error thing and it worked i tested it again and did a windows update and it happened again the speakers went dead, so once again i did a system restore and it fixed it. however i don't know which particular update it is so at moment i can't update anything...which is crap. if anyone finds out which update is causing problem for speakers running on vista let us know

tell me if this solution worked for you

Teacher
Jim_Mohr
Message 3 of 9 (13,101 Views)

You may want to try reinstalling the QuickLaunch button driver and/or the Audio driver for your model.  The Quicklaunch driver should be listed in the Device Manager under 'Human Interface Devices'.

I have another audio device (besides the onboard audio) that connects with Firewire 1394.  If IT is set as the "default playback" device, the button does NOT work.  Somethings to think about anyway.

Honor Student
atreyu
Message 4 of 9 (13,053 Views)

Olá

same problem here with a dv5, now solved. I've the QuickPlay update sp43325.exe installed, the computer rebooted and the problems gone away. I'll never know if a simple reboot would work but someone else can try

Student
Ceci
Message 5 of 9 (10,342 Views)

I have the same problem. Updated all sound drivers, but still not working. I do not have quick launch since I have windows 7. What should I do?

My notebook pc is HP Pavillion dv4 1435dx

Thank you.

Student
jjk-ga
Message 6 of 9 (5,371 Views)

I have the exact same problem with the exact same notebook (dv4-1435dx). Was this problem ever solved for notebooks running Windows 7?

Thanks

Student
mav3rick
Message 7 of 9 (3,441 Views)

just reboot will do.... :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
smit16
Message 8 of 9 (1,822 Views)

I'm having Hp pavilion dv4-2103tu laptop.. my laptop is having touch sensitive for voume and mute, but i cant find the perfect drivers which work. pls reply soon

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 9 of 9 (1,707 Views)

Hello  smit16.  I understand you're having some trouble with your volume and mute buttons.

These buttons are controlled by the HP Quick Launch software.  You should reinstall the latest version of this software.  You can download it here.

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation