Why cant i get any audio on my laptop? It's a Pavilion dv7-6b55dx operating on Windows 7 (182 Views)
Honor Student
VAnela
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)

Why cant i get any audio on my laptop? It's a Pavilion dv7-6b55dx operating on Windows 7

I never had any trouble with sound before, and the mute or audio settings are set correctly to the best of my knowledge.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (177 Views)

Re: Why cant i get any audio on my laptop? It's a Pavilion dv7-6b55dx operating on Windows 7

Go to the link below.Enter your Product Number as listed on Service Tag attached to bottom of notebook (may be under battery). You can also get the Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key. After entering PN, click Next ,then choose Software & Drivers.On the next page use the dropdown to select your OS (probably Windows 7 64bit). A list will populate with drivers. Download & install the latest Audio driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

```````````````````````````````````````

If still no sound,try a hard reset, works sometimes.Disconnect all external devices first.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 30 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.

4-power on

`````````````````````````````

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
VAnela
Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)

Re: Why cant i get any audio on my laptop? It's a Pavilion dv7-6b55dx operating on Windows 7

Thank you for the attempt at helping me, unfortunately neither method worked :smileysad:
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)

Why cant i get any audio on my laptop? It's a Pavilion dv7-6b55dx operating on Windows 7

Hey VAnela,

Even though you didn't have any type of update still follow this document for me http://goo.gl/M0y3m.

Let me know the outcome after you do each of these steps.

THX :smileyhappy:
Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation