Why is there no sound coming from my computer? (1952 Views)
Student
Arlener48
Message 1 of 3 (1,952 Views)

Why is there no sound coming from my computer?

My sound was working perfectly for 6 months. I was watching a movie, and out of no where the sound slowly drifted away until it was completely mute, and its been mute since then.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 3 (1,943 Views)

Re: Why is there no sound coming from my computer?

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it.

Please First check if the speaker icon on the unit is not muted if Yes please uncheck the box.

Go to device manager and uninstall the driver and restart and unit will install the driver automatically.

Try doing System restore to the date when the unit was working fine.

Try to update the driver from hp.com website for Audio & Bios.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Student
conchaivn
Message 3 of 3 (1,928 Views)

Re: Why is there no sound coming from my computer?

I have a similar problem. 

First off, My laptop is dm4-2191us.  I bought it in Jan and since then  I have been gettingg a lot of problems with it.  First HP denied my $50 rebate.  THen laptop started to be very slow and often froze just after windows started.

Sometimes I got frustrated and turned of the power and turned on again.  It then started to update BIOS for no reason.  I decided to update the BIOS myself so I went to HP website and downloaded and installed the BIOS update.  After that the performance seemed to be much better with less freezing.  However, sound also stop coming out from that point.  I have tried to update driver for my sound device as well as roll back to original driver.  Nothing helped.

Any one here have any idea about how to fix it? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation