Question

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 1 of 18 (10,486 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8.1 No Audio output in HDMI

I plug the HDMI from my laptop to TV and before update to 8.1 it worked fine.  Now I get video but no audio.

Device Manager shows two things under "Sound, Video and game controllers"

1. High Definition Audio Devide (with yellow triangle)

2. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

When I see the properties of first one it says

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

My Computer Product number: C8P48AV

Kindly help me out.

Thanks,

Anand.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 18 (10,432 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 No Audio output in HDMI

HI Anand_B

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

I understand that you are getting a code 10 in Device Manager with a yellow triangle, after updating to Windows 8.1.  Have you run the HP support assistant to help look for updated drivers and resolved issues  click here. I am also including a document on"  Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers" click here.  Have you done all the Windows updates for Windows 8.1? Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Anand_B
Message 3 of 18 (10,415 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

Thank you for your response.

I've got windows 8.1 upgraded sucessfully. Having this problem only after that.

HP Support Assistant says the driver what i've installed in the most recent one.HP Assistant Error.jpg

I've got the driver from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5388...

Kindly tell me if i was wrong with anything i've done.

Also one thing i've noted - Earlier with windows 8 i'd HD driver service - IntcDAud. After update its changed to

HdAudAddService (hdaudio.inf). Is my problem anyway related with it.

Thanks,

Anand.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 4 of 18 (10,409 Views)

HI Anand_B ;

Rest assured you have done nothing wrong!  The drivers you have are correct, and came directly from the HP website.  Have you tried to install the IDT driver "IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driverclick here,If this has not resolved it,  we will try a manual update. Open Device Manger, Right click on the IDT with the triangle and choose uninstall. Once it has uninstalled, right click and choose scan for new hardware. This will allow Windows to select the best driver. You could also try running the Windows troubleshooter. I am send a  link to a document 'No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8)"  click here.     Please let me know  if this fixes it.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 5 of 18 (10,403 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

I've tried uninstalling the HD driver in Device Manager and let Windows installed the suitable one.. But it didn't work out.

Secondly, I tried windows Find and Fix Audio, it says unable to automatically fix the issue. Screen attached.

HD Audio.jpg

I'm trying out the first option meanwhile, even i've a question on that. HP download page says 

Compatibility:
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Would it be fine if I install it in Windows 8.1

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Anand.
Tutor
Anand_B
Message 6 of 18 (10,402 Views)

Driver obtained from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-75562-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... says - "Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted."

installation aborted.jpg

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 7 of 18 (10,399 Views)

Anand_B

You should select the operating system that you are currently running as the drivers could vary. Here is a link to the download page, click here, you will notice that Windows 8.1 is an option, that is the one I would choose. Please let me know the result after installing the IDT driver. Good luck !

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 8 of 18 (10,377 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

I've done that and still not getting it. 

Hope i'm not running out of options.

Thanks,

Anand.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 9 of 18 (10,340 Views)

HI Anand_B:

I regret that a driver update did not resolve the issue. I am  sending you a link to the HP Drivers and Software click here.  Please ensure you have the latest version installed. Here is another document on "Overview of HDMI and DVI Connections for PCs"  click here. If neither of these resolves the issue, I would suggest you try rolling back the driver. Please let me know if this fixed the problem.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 10 of 18 (10,319 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

Neither method worked out. I've pasted the event log of recent installation.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver hdaudio.inf_amd64_7934c8322ea251ee\hdaudio.inf for Device Instance ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&35E3EF70&0&0001 with the following status: 0x0.

And rollback isn't enabled for this device. Please see the image.

Roll back.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation