Windows 8.1 No Audio output in HDMI (3672 Views)
Tutor
Anand_B
Message 11 of 17 (1,828 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 No Audio output in HDMI

FInally i was able to identify what exactly causing the issue.

IDT Audio isn't the one which installs driver for HDMI Audio. Its HD Graphics driver doing that.

Description of HD Graphics Driver 

"

Description

This package provides the driver that enables the NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver."

Currently HP don't have Intel driver listed in their portal and having NVIDIA alone. I may get it resolved with Intel Driver.

Awaiting for that.

Thanks,
Anand.
HP
Sparkles1
Message 12 of 17 (1,795 Views)

Hi Anand_B:

I hope you had a good weekend. Thank you for your reply. 

If that driver does not resolve the issue,  you stated that  it is a NVidia  that is having an issue. You can look for an updated driver on their website. click here. Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Anand_B
Message 13 of 17 (1,777 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

I have Intel HD Device in my computer. Is that fine to install NVIDIA Graphics device driver for that?

I didn't say NVIDIA is having an issue, I said I've Intel device and not able to find device driver for that.

HP Driver portal don't have Intel Device Driver for OS windows 8.1

Thanks,

Anand.

HP
Sparkles1
Message 14 of 17 (1,771 Views)

Arnan_B:

When I open the driver page link, you provided in your  earlier post, you will notice a, NVidia Graphics driver click here.  Click on the Graphics tab, and when it expands you will find a Nvidia Driver. If this is not for your model then I would not install it. If that is the case, what model do you have?  Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 15 of 17 (1,765 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

I have Intel HD Graphics 4600 card. I don't see a device driver available in hp.com for Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system.

Normally, Graphics Driver would install HD Audio too. That's the way display driver is related to HD Audio.

Kindly let me know if HP has it available for the device.

Thanks,

Anand.

HP
Sparkles1
Message 16 of 17 (1,761 Views)

Hi Anan_B.

You can download the Graphics driver from the Intel website. Here is the link  click here. You should also be able to update drivers from Device Manager. Here is a link to a Microsoft document to do that. click here. The document is for Windows 7, but the process is the same . I am also sending a Microsoft document on 'Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly"click here.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
Anand_B
Message 17 of 17 (1,732 Views)

Hi Sparkles1,

Thanks for your help. i've got new Driver from intel.com and it resolves my HD Audio issue too.

Regards,

Anand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation