Question

Honor Student
Tolli
Message 1 of 7 (192 Views)

Wwhhyyy

[ Edited ]

hey guys

my laptop is basically new as i've owned it for a total of three months

recently i plugged in a pair of headphones and there was no sound, naturally i figured there was something wrong with the headphones but as i pulled them out the sound stopped and theres been no sound ever since

It seems the computer still thinks there is sound playing but theres nothing actually coming out of the computer and i have got no idea how to fix it, i've downloaded and installed the latest sound drivers on my computer but nothing is working still.

help, please.

System Information:

Product Name: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC

Product Number: F0C90PA#ABG

Serial Number: [edited Serial Number by Moderator]

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (179 Views)

Re: Wwhhyyy

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the relevent IDT Audio installer from the links below and save it to your Downloads folder.

IDT HD Audio Driver - Windows 8.1

IDT HD Audio Driver - Windows 8

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

Shut down the notebook by holding down the Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent a hybrid boot.  When done, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 20 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - check if you now have audio.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Tolli
Message 3 of 7 (150 Views)

hey

i've run into a few issues

these include:

- when i turn my computer back on from the hard restart i do not get a prompt to load an audio driver

- then once i go into playback devices and i select speakers / HP i cant select set default as its grey and wont let me

thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:

george-p
Message 4 of 7 (135 Views)

Hi @Tolli ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 5 of 7 (129 Views)

Hi Tolli. Based on what I have read here, you may have a hardware failure.

If you have the Recovery Manager available, try to restore the original drivers using this method: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)

If that still fails, try running the hide UEFI Component Tests. You can find that section under "Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) " in this document: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 8)

Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Tolli
Message 6 of 7 (125 Views)

hey dude

thanks for the help so far

first option did not work but i went to download the Hp Pc Diagnostics program and when i do i run through the installation and this happens:

Capture.PNG

any idea how to fix this?

thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 7 of 7 (99 Views)

You would have to perform a complete recovery to rebuilt the hard drive back to factory defaults Tolli:  Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation