Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Zbook 15
Windows 7

Hi,

I have a new Zbook 15 running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

When I plug my earbuds or any type of headset (I've tried several different kinds to make sure) into the headset jack, I get no sound at all throught the headset. Also, I noticed that when I bring up the screen for Playback, it only shows an option for Speakers. I do not see any option for the headset - I think it should have one called Communication Headset?

I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or something else. I've check existing audio drivers for updates and all say that the latest drivers are installed. I've been unable to find any other post with the same issue. The speakers work fine. I just am unable to get any sound out of the headset port.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the exsact same problem! I shouldn't have to google Headphones "'plugged in, but speakers are still playing sound'". This is **bleep**ing ridiculous. I have been lumped with this piece of **bleep** hp zbook (which cost a fortune may i add)  for work and stupid **bleep**ing windows and things as simple as the **bleep**ing headphone jack i have to find a **bleep**ing work around!

I was trying so hard to embrace windows but between microsoft and hp you could not make a decent laptop if your children s lives depended on it !!!!

GIVE ME BACK MY MAC!

However since im stuck with this for the time being a fix for this issue would be great!

HP Recommended

Had the same problem at work but mine was because I was plugged into a docking station which is connected to a monitor via HDMI cable. So I had to plug my headphones into the headphone jack on the monitor to get sound. Took me a while to figure out. YMMV.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.