Question

Honor Student
esaxe
Message 1 of 4 (672 Views)

audio stopped working

I just got a new hp envy beats laptop and it worked fine for the first 2 weeks. Now my audio does not work at all. I have checked all the mute and volume controls and still nothing...I uninstalled and re-installed all my audio drivers, still not working...In device manager there are no errors...I even see the audio meter go up and down when I attempt to play audio through cd, dvd, youtube,  itunes and zune...nothing..Even headphones don't work...please help..this one is baffling me and pissing me off because it's not even 2 weeks old...It worked 1 night and the next day it stopped...I did not install anything during that period...the hdmi works with audio on the tv...could my speakers be blown after 2 weeks?

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 4 (534 Views)

Re: audio stopped working

If the headphones and speakers are both shot I doubt it's because you 'blew' your speakers.  How about re-booting, when you see the HP Splash Screen, start hitting the same key over and over like a mad-man.  Does it beep?  If it does the speakers work fine and the issue lies within the OS.  If there is no beep, contact HP and consider having the System Board replaced.  It's under warranty so it won't cost you a dime.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Student
    ARIN
    Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)

Please mention the model/product number of the unit.

ARIN
    PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 4 of 4 (517 Views)

HP Beats Envy he said, Product# unknown

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation