Question

Student
mort766
Message 1 of 4 (6,484 Views)

beats audio - how to switch off?? dv4180us

Hi , i am user of hp dv 4180us with beats audio system whitch is horrible and i would like to switch of it. any tips how can i do it? thx

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 4 (6,467 Views)

Re: beats audio - how to switch off?? dv4180us

In order to tweak it, Press Fn and B key together to open beats control software

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
GrittyNitty
Message 3 of 4 (4,553 Views)

No, sorry, you didn't really answer the question.  That shortcut you spoke of (Fn+B) doesn't really turn it off.  Even if setting both the movie setting and music setting within Beats to both the Default equalizer setting (everything is flat) it still changes the sound when switching between them (and the Beats Audio box is unchecked).  This leads me to believe there is still some kind of Beats Audio process running in the background.  Anybody know how to completely shut this off?  I was excited about the audio on this computer (HP Envy15 early 2012) from the reviews, but I guess nobody's an audiophile like me.  I've recorded and play music, and I can easily hear the horrible compression that Beats inflicts on whatever I'm trying to play....at this point, I'd prefer to set up everything manually.

Tutor
samp1800
Message 4 of 4 (4,368 Views)

well i dont have a problem with beats audio but i a a heavy writer and that fn-b is constantly annoying me. how do i stop the fn-b thing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation