built in speakers play sound when headphones are plugged in. (1810 Views)
Top Student
AlexAlezzo
Message 1 of 3 (1,810 Views)

built in speakers play sound when headphones are plugged in.

hello. i m having a problem with the built in speakers in my hp dv7-6b55dx. the problem is that some apps (just 2 at the moment) are playing the sound through the built in speakers, not the headphones. In all others applications everything is fine. HP support assistant and windows 7 home premium say that i have the latest drivers. No new drivers were installed recently (before the problem). Tried to plug headphones in every audio jack, tried different headphones. Need your help.

Grad Student
Futureperfect
Message 2 of 3 (1,806 Views)

Re: built in speakers play sound when headphones are plugged in.

Some applications have settings that override what WIndows has as the default.

Have you checked the playback default to make sure it's using the headphones?

Have you checked the applications experiencing the issues to make sure they don't have their own output settings?

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Top Student
AlexAlezzo
Message 3 of 3 (1,787 Views)

Re: built in speakers play sound when headphones are plugged in.

[ Edited ]

Could you tell me more where to look because this is the first time i'm having a problem with sound.

In windows sound settings (got there from control panel) there are two items: "speakCould you tell me more where to look because this is the first time i'm having a problem with sound and i dont know what to check.

In windows sound settings (got there from control panel) there are two items: "speakers and headphones" and "communication headphones". First is default. I clicked on the second's "use as default" button, but nothing happened. But when i disabled the first one, the sound dissapeared (howewer when i clicked on the "test" button in the "communication headphones" properties, it played test sound ONLY through the headphones).

I have this problem with "Singularity" and "Red Alert 3". In the game settings there is only volume trackbar.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation