Question

Honor Student
LCA008
Message 1 of 24 (34,792 Views)

can you Disabling Volume bar

HP Pavilion Dv7

I've figured out how to mute the ckicking sound when using the volume control, but I'd like to keep the volume bar from popping up when I adjust the volume.

This is especially annoying when i'm playing games.

Honor Student
LCA008
Message 2 of 24 (34,786 Views)

Re: can you Disabling Volume bar

I mean: Can you disable the volume bar?
Honor Student
kujospam
Message 3 of 24 (34,622 Views)

I think he means the animation.  On my vista laptop it doesn't show animation so I have no problems with games.  But on my new laptop I just bought, when I play any game and adjust the volume or mute, it then minimized the game to show the animation.  I too have been desperatly trying to find a solution to this problem because it is not easy to mute/change volume settings while in a game.
Honor Student
RyanTimothy
Message 4 of 24 (34,609 Views)

This is also something that I've been endlessly searching to diable.  If only there was a way to turn off the volume display while a game is taking focus.

Doesn't anyone beta test this stuff?

Honor Student
yipEEE
Message 5 of 24 (34,514 Views)

Same here. Volume control display is really getting on my nerves.  Apparently you're supposed to be able to uninstall the Quick Touch (not Quick Launch) program, but it doesn't seem to exist on my Pavillion dv8t.  Here's another thread where other users are trying to do the same thing:

h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Display&thread.id=3674

I've yet to see HP support post on their own forums in any threads I've read on here so far...   

Honor Student
kujospam
Message 6 of 24 (34,488 Views)

I finally figured it out.  You have to uninstall the HP Mediasmart bar in programs and features.  This got read the stupid stupid stupid animation.  Spread the word people.  Sadly it also gets rid of the menu at the bottom of your windows 7 if you care about that.  but personally that is useless for me.
Honor Student
RyanTimothy
Message 7 of 24 (34,479 Views)

Re: can you Disable Volume bar

I personally don't want to uninstall HP Mediasmart.  I want a patch that either allows you to turn off the volume bar window, or the program to have the ability to detect if a game or something is taking focus.  And still have control over the volume level with the slider.

I've got an HP Pavilion dv7-3080ca.

I'm hoping HP will get back to me on this.

Honor Student
yipEEE
Message 8 of 24 (34,466 Views)

If you uninstall MediaSmart Smart menu, your volume control still works, at least it did for me with my dv8t.  You just don't see the graphics OSD pop up.  I also uninstalled HP Tone controls, to turn off the treble/bass volume slider controls because it was going crazy randomly sliding around.     
Honor Student
aklyatne
Message 9 of 24 (33,916 Views)

This is ridiculous.  We shouldn't have to uninstall a program that came preinstalled on the computer to give it proper functionality.  HP, I am dissappointed. 

Student
Sir_Sovereign24
Message 10 of 24 (32,408 Views)

I've figured that on my dv6 the volume bar can be disabled by terminating the process SmartMenu :smileyhappy: I think it's possible to turn off HP MediaSmart SmartMenu in MsConfig. Try this :]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation