Question

Student
oneil
Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

cq56 240ca no audio reboot to blank screen

No audio device installed also no boot up when I restart.had to turn power off then on to get display.
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)

Re: cq56 240ca no audio reboot to blank screen

Hi oneil,

I understand you are having an issue with the audio on your Compaq Presario CQ56-240CA Notebook and that you had a boot issue as well. I suggest Troubleshooting Audio Problems with External Speakers, Headphones, and HDMI Sound Devices.

Here is a link to different sound issues you may be experiencing, this would allow you to choose the most appropriate document based on the description of the title and the details of the issue, in case the one I chose for you does not resolve the issue.

From what you described you got the computer to boot after it wouldn't, if you ever have a boot issue refer to computer wont boot or blank screen.

Hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation