Question

Honor Student
SassyJ
Message 1 of 34 (6,006 Views)

cyberlink power director won't install

This update is listed in my HP Assistant.  I just purchased my first HP, Pavillion g7 running Windows 8.  This is my first set of updates.  Once I skipped this update, others installed.  Tried running this update alone.  Version 10.1.  Runs 10-15 minutes but never finishes to complete install.  See two install screens.  Tried closing one.  Didn't make a difference.  Is this a known bug?  Do I need this?

Always been a Compaq user (before HP) and knew all t heir bugs...don't know HP's. 

Thanks.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 34 (5,963 Views)

Re: cyberlink power director won't install

[ Edited ]

Hi SassyJ,

Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps you resolve this issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
aaron-c
Message 3 of 34 (5,960 Views)

I have same problem with new laptop from Staples black friday Pavilion g7.  It downloads and then it fails to install.  Tried it multiple times.  I'd like to download and install seperately outside your bloatware "Support Assistant" software.  Also, what type of lousy response was this?  The page is general nonsense.  It's like "PC" response that doesn't answer question deliberately.  Like you are trying to annoy consumers/users of HP.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 34 (5,950 Views)

If you provide your product number, I'll provide a link to the drivers.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
aaron-c
Message 5 of 34 (5,936 Views)

I have an HP Pavilion g7-2243us, product #B5Z58UA#ABA.  Please make sure your reply to the postings are directly relevent to the posting language and not just total waste of our time and insulting to our intelligence.  That is not cooperative.  It looks more like you are posting solely for purpose of getting a post made and not forward the solution to our problems. 

So what is the solution to this software NOT INSTALLING, after it is downloaded.  Again, the Cyberlink Power Director is downloaded by your HP Support Assistant software (it's huge download) and then it fails to install.  I see on other websites that HP laptops have known problem with this software?  You do understand and are aware of this issue right?  Right?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 34 (5,914 Views)

aaron-c,

You can find Cyberlink Power Director software (and the rest of your drivers) at this link.

Click Software - Multimedia (7) in order to find Cyberlink Power Director specifically.  

Good luck!

Signature
Student
Roanin
Message 7 of 34 (4,779 Views)

This may sound silly but, I restarted the laptop and reinstalled the software, then restarted the computer again and it took. last time it took me three time to get it to take, I had to go through the whole process of download and install for it to work each time. not a fix but, I hope it helps. You would think that with this many people looking for a fix they would FIX it..I guess that's too much to ask for. Good luck..

Top Student
RFAronson
Message 8 of 34 (4,714 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a Windows 8 AMD A110 Envy dv7 Notebook PC.  It has twice asked me to updat my CyberLink Power Director this week.  The specs are IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, driver stwrt64.sys, version 6.10.6425.0, and AMD High Definition Audio Device, Driver AtihdW86.sys, version 8.0.0.8808.  As of yesterday (7.23) it told me I had an Important update for the CPD mentioned above.  Twice I tried to install it.  Both times it downloaded nearly a GB of software, but failed to do the update.  The Red ! remains haunting me.

My Serial number is[Personal Information Removed] and product number is D1F14UA#ABA.

I do not know (for sure) what I'm supposed to update, but I would expect it to work.  The download concludes; it is the installation step that fails.  Please advise.

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 9 of 34 (4,697 Views)

RFAronson,

Please post your product and model number.

You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

Top Student
RFAronson
Message 10 of 34 (4,680 Views)

anthony82 wrote:

RFAronson,

Please post your product and model number.

You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

If you had read my original post, you would not be wasting my time again.  As I posted:

Product HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC

Product number D1F14UA#ABA

both of which were in the original post.

I would give a Kudo if you had actually taken the information from my post (where it could be copied and pasted) instead of making me type a long product number all over again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation