Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have You tried all Vista audio drivers for Your model? You may find them here and here.

Please install them in Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

The Vista driver for my Conexant HD Audio would have to be the version 3.38.0.50 A.  That's because I have the waikiki version of the Conexant HD Audio.  But it's the one I've been using, and having the audio problems.  I've been searching and searching.  If my laptop is also capable of running Windows 7, because of pretty much the same specs as Vista.  I'm not sure why there isn't a driver out, or fix/patch that would cure all audio problems with my Conexant HD Audio 5047(waikiki)?  Seeing that the laptop is getting older, could be the biggest reason for no Windows 7 driver support.  Luckily Intel releases drivers for the graphics chipset.  If anyone knows someway to get fully working audio for this Conexant HD Audio, please reply.

HP Recommended

Hi,
Go to:

Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Audio, Video and Games Controllers

click with right button of Your mouse on Your audio card there and choose properties. Then go to ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids . This way I will have a chance to check which drivers may work for You.

Below You've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Here you go:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30B2&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30B2

If you can help me Daniel, I greatly thank you!  What ever it takes or from where ever on the Internet.  I would love to get this one device running well like the rest on Windows 7. 🙂  Anything better than Vista, which I'm currently on right now. 😞

HP Recommended

I'm so sorry, but for this hardware ids there is only one driver for dv2000 models which is sp35682 (version: 3.38.0.50 A  released on March 26, 2007) and You are using it now.

HP Recommended

I was pretty sure that was the only driver available.  That's the one I've been using since going to Windows 7.  Seems the audio popping and recording issues can't be resolved with this driver.  I've got a good feeling there won't be a driver for this audio designed for Windows 7.  I was kind of hoping that a Vista driver, which I was using would work, and be fine.  Knowing that my laptop is capable of Vista, would have made me thought so.  But as devices get older, support slows down.  If anyone that reads this topic is in my situation, which is very slim.  Please reply if you know of anything about getting this type of Conexant HD Audio to work fully with Windows 7.  If not, I'll contine to stay with Vista.

HP Recommended

The driver issue maybe only for audio popping, I'll try to mod the driver for you, but no promises, keep checking this thread.

However the recording issue may remain as mono, I found most of notebook will only have mono in recording quality.

The stereo feature has been disable due to demand from music industry, if you wish for stereo one buy external USB sound device.

Are you using Windows 7 32bit?

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

@Rakhmad wrote:

The driver issue maybe only for audio popping, I'll try to mod the driver for you, but no promises, keep checking this thread.

However the recording issue may remain as mono, I found most of notebook will only have mono in recording quality.

The stereo feature has been disable due to demand from music industry, if you wish for stereo one buy external USB sound device.

Are you using Windows 7 32bit?

🙂 Hi Rakhmad!  First off, I'm very sorry for the late reply.  My Internet connection has been dropping.  I believe ISP is upgrading.  Yes, I'm using Windows 7 32 bit.  That would be great if you wanted to fix this driver up for audio popping!  After hearing it on and off while using my laptop, I start to hate it!

As for the recording/microphone issue.  I'm thinking one of my two built in microphones on my laptop isn't working.  I've been testing and noticed that only sound is heard from my left microphone.  I'm not sure if the wire related to the right one isn't working right.  I've taken my laptop apart to see, the cable seems ok.  I'm not sure if the micophone itself just died, or something involving the cable.  I unplugged and plugged back in the cable for the two micrphones, didn't help.  Again, sorry for the late reply. 🙂

HP Recommended

Its OK, keep checking this thread, I'll post the mod driver.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

@Rakhmad wrote:

Its OK, keep checking this thread, I'll post the mod driver.

Will do. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.