Question

Tutor
ringo16
Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)
Accepted Solution

dv4t headphone audio stops working and comes out of speakers instead

I have had this issue several times, where all of a sudden the headphones audio stops and starts coming out of speakers. Even if i unplug the headphone and plug it back again, the audio still only comes out of the speakers.

I am assuming it is a software issue because if I go into the Sound control panel and "test" the communication device, I still hear the testing sound in my headphones. It is only for everything else, like youtube, games, music, that will come out of the speakers instead of the headphones.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 6 (188 Views)

Re: dv4t headphone audio stops working and comes out of speakers instead

Hi ringo16,

Take a look at this document and let me know if the steps help to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
ringo16
Message 3 of 6 (172 Views)

No. It does not work. I reinstalled the audio driver and the problem still happens.

It randomly happens where while im listening with my headphones on, the music will stop playing on my headphones and come out of the speakers. The only solution right now is to restart the laptop.
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 6 (140 Views)

Hi ringo16,

Have you tried updating the BIOS to your notebook?  Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps resolve this recurring issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
ringo16
Message 5 of 6 (133 Views)

My believe I have found a solution.

I uninstalled the  IDT sound device codecs and when i restarted the laptop it automatially installed the High Definition Sound Device. 

Works fine so far.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 6 (123 Views)

Nice!  Thanks for the reply.  I will close this thread, but really appreciate you replying and noting what fixed this issue.  That's what makes this community such a success.

Thanks again!

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation