dv6000 microphone problem after updating to windows 7 (4442 Views)
Honor Student
craigk_c19
Message 1 of 3 (4,442 Views)

dv6000 microphone problem after updating to windows 7

i just updated to windows 7 on my hp pavilion dv6000 and i just tried to call my wife to be in japan but she said my audio was really bad and she couldnt understand a thing i was saying so i did a recording on my hp and played it back the microphone works but the audio sounds like static with a lot of back noice is and my mic worked fine yesterday before i updated to windows 7 is there a fix for this i have tried going to device manager and had it check for updats on line and it says my software is up to day but my mic is still not working right does anyone know whow to fix this? if so plz let me know i would really like to talk to my fiance!!

Honor Student
craigk_c19
Message 2 of 3 (4,382 Views)

Re: dv6000 microphone problem after updating to windows 7

can anyone plz help me with this?

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (4,341 Views)

Re: dv6000 microphone problem after updating to windows 7

Since you didn't give your full model number and/or if you have Conexant or Realtek audio..I suggest to look at Ernie's solutions posted here. You may not have all, but a variation of his settings to check.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-G60-500-599-model-Microphone-concerns/td...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation