Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion x360
Windows 8.1

I tried to plug headphones in to my computer the other day, but ran into a problem: the headphone jack on the computer is too small for standard headphines! I dont understand this at all... I thought there was only one size of headphone jack. I tried two pair of headphones, both normal ones that fit into Iphones and everything else I have ever used them on. Are there special headphones for HP? When I googled this problem, I couldnt find anything.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Cath676 .

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 11 x360 PC and issues with the Headphone or earbud not fitting. Your notebook supports a device cable that has a 4-conductor
connector that supports audio-out.

Your manual  page 12 shows the head-phone jack located in the middle of your volume control and usb port on the left side of the Notebook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I purchased HP 15-ac063tx recently. The normal headphone jack is not entering. The whole is small one compare to other laptops. Can anyone suggest which size of headphone I have to purchase for this laptop.

Thanks,

Raj

HP Recommended

Hey ,

This shows me it is a regular headphone jack. Same as you would use on a phone or music device. This shows the connection on page 8 of the manual.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This is not true. Despite what is said, the headphone jack on the Hp Pavilion is not large enough. I have tried every pair of headphones in my house and there is no "forcing" them into the jack. It is too small.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem - tried 2 different sizes, nothing fits

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.