Question

Student
missy50
Message 1 of 4 (1,401 Views)

help! my external speakers won't work

Hi,

I just purchased a new HP laptop and now my external speakers won't work.  Can you help?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,399 Views)

Re: help! my external speakers won't work

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post item numbered  2 on the following example of an HP notebook's barcoded sticker. Your barcode may be slightly different but will still have the important imformation needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and whether the CPU is an AMD or Intel product

Not posting all of the information as requested will delay our responses and slow troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

Is your notebook/PC still within its warranty period?

Best regards,

erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
Tmorse921
Message 3 of 4 (1,166 Views)

I'm having the same issue, internal or external speakers will not work. head phones with a usb connection do work though.

dv7-1245dx is my model

Honor Student
davo77
Message 4 of 4 (1,146 Views)

Go to the control panel and look for sound related functions , find a test  app to review operation. You can find drivers at the HP support site (search for "audio drivers"). Install (reinstall) the drivers, that usuall gets things working.  The hard part is the HP Web site, it is a maze, so finding the driver may take some time.

Your other option is to contact Tech Support,  5 will get you 10, you'll get somebody in India....hard to understand but very knowledgable.

d77

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation