HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-30-2012 11:52 PM - edited 05-30-2012 11:54 PM
I have an HP G62 notebook pc running Windows 7. When I tried to hook it up to my LG HDTV, I get picture but no sound. I get sound through the pc speakers but nothing through the tv. When I try to select my HDMI as default the pc will not allow it. The message beside the icon says high definition audio device not plugged in. The cord is plugged in though, what needs to be done to fix this? Please help, very frustrated.
05-31-2012 12:35 AM
From my view the implementation of HDMI on laptop using video cards is still not quite right yet. Many users have this problem. Please try this from a Dell forum:
Post Connection Problems:
1. If there is still no option to select "HDMI' as the default audio playback device, try re-installing or updating the graphics driver, or even try an older version. The graphics driver is the driver for HDMI audio, not the regular audio driver. A few people with Intel graphics had better results by uninstalling the graphics driver, rebooting, and letting Windows look for a driver (instead of downloading the driver from the Dell support site).
2. Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the HDMI cable.
3. If you are using Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center but get no HDMI audio even after it is selected as the default playback device, go to
Control Panel>Sound>Playback tab>Audio/Playback device>HDMI>properties>Advance>Exclusive Mode and uncheck "exclusive mode".
4. Try a different HDMI cable.
5. Try a different HDMI port on the TV.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.