HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-05-2011 04:33 PM
You can try to do a Windows system restore back to a point in time before you deleted that program. You can find instructions for a system restore in this document - System Restore.
Instead of a system restore, or if a system restore does not work, if you have Windows 7 you can run the Microsoft sound troubleshooter:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel .
- Under System and Security , click Find and fix problems .
- The Troubleshoot computer problems page opens. Under Hardware and Sound , click Troubleshoot audio playback .
If you need to reinstall the sound driver, you can download it from hp.com.
- Go to hp.com, select SUPPORT & DRIVERS .
- When prompted, enter your product number , then select the current Operating System and click on Next.
- Expand the Drivers - Audio listing.
- Click on the name of the audio driver.
- Click on the Download button and tell it to download,
- After the download completes, select Run.
If you need more help, please provide more information:
- The product number of your computer.
- The operating system your computer is using.
- How you are trying to play sound and what happens.
- Any error messages displayed.
- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -