how do i turn on the beats audio on my laptop for a better sound (22673 Views)
Honor Student
fancydiva98
Message 1 of 9 (22,673 Views)

how do i turn on the beats audio on my laptop for a better sound

I have a DV7 pavillion with BEATS AUDIO, not sure if the boom sounds is set automatically when I PLAY any music or do I have to an adjust the sound somewhere. I just got this laptop for xmas. Thank you

Student
Kiinky
Message 2 of 9 (22,665 Views)

Re: how do i turn on the beats audio on my laptop for a better sound

Ok, you have the same one as i do.. i had the same question but usually  you  just press ctrl and whatever letter it is to turn it on. Don't know if i make sense or not but heres how.. you just press ctrl + fn + b= beats on .. if you want to turn it off, you do the same process. :smileyhappy: yw 

Honor Student
fancydiva98
Message 3 of 9 (22,658 Views)

Thank you for the response.

Student
carlosvil
Message 4 of 9 (21,067 Views)

hi i bought this new hp laptop and i wondered how can i turn on the beats audio for a better sound.

Student
kingofharp
Message 5 of 9 (11,980 Views)

how do I use beats audio on my laptop

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 9 (11,975 Views)

Hello kingofharp,

I see that you are looking for information on using beats audio on your laptop. I would like to help with this but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Normally pressing the "FN" and "B" keys at the same time enable and disable beats on HP notebooks.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Student
gregdv72013
Message 7 of 9 (11,002 Views)

The Beats Audio has been a disappointment on my new DV7. I am upgrading from my white HP DV6 circa 2010 which had Altec Lansing speakers. When I play music side by side the Altec laptop is so much better that it's embarrassing for my new machine. Yes, when I did the CTRL-fn-b it turned off so I know I was listening to the Beats Audio in my compare. I feel that HP really duped me on the advertising for this.

Student
Amber28
Message 8 of 9 (8,064 Views)

I am extremely disappointed in the speakers on my new DV7 aswell.  I have a HP pavillion 2008 with Altec Lansing speakers that sounds better side by side than the DV7. 

The beats audio is rubbish and I hate it.  One of the main reasons I got this laptop and paid more than another one I was considering was for the beats audio as I thought it would have good bass.  Well let me tell you the bass is awful.  And it seems to have this built in limiter that when the bass is about to kick in, it stops itself and lessens the output or something, I can't understand it.

I love my music and for something to be marketed as having a music enhancing feature like this but not perform is not on.  I went through to HP support and was on for 40 minutes complaining about how disappointed I was.  The bass problem, sound is tinny aswell and I hear hissing noise on speech when listening to catch up TV. 

The support guy didn't help at all I - found the sound controls quicker than he did and honestly I was sooooo annoyed.  He couldn't even establish if there was an issue with the sound but I know full well that it's not right. 

How do I find out if my laptop does sound worse than other DV7's in which case it is my laptop, or is beats just rubbish full stop!

ps I've tried hooking up external speakers which don't make any difference. 

I used to have music playing in the background on my laptop when I was working but I'm so upset that it sounds so bad and I feel cheated that I now just have it on permanent mute :smileysad:

Amber

Student
prietababy
Message 9 of 9 (8,046 Views)

the laptop sound is low or no sound after get new software help

please help me this the sound of the laptop G62 no sound after the new software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation