Question

Honor Student
ujjwal258518
Message 1 of 3 (280 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp n208tx ..headphone mic combo jack doesnt recognize mic

when i try to connect any hp combo headset having same jack for headphone and mic both ..the laptop doesnt recognizes any sound being spoken into the mic. but i can hear songs in the headphone. Any solution???

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

Re: hp n208tx ..headphone mic combo jack doesnt recognize mic

Hi ujjwal258518, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand that your microphone is not working properly in your combo port. Unfortunately this is behaving as expected. The combo port will not work with microphone only devices, it would have to be part of a headphone/microphone communications device. The alternative option is to get a USB microphone.

As described in the user guide:  "If you get a microphone/headphone device, be sure that the device cable has a 4-conductor connector that supports both audio-out (headphone) and audio-in (microphone)."

Page 6 shows the right side. Item 3 describes the combo port: User Guide

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
ujjwal258518
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: hp n208tx ..headphone mic combo jack doesnt recognize mic

Thnk u
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation