Question

Student
roxie_pope
Message 1 of 2 (157 Views)

i cannot get any sound on my computer

please tell me how to get sound back on for my laptop in clear, easy directions   thank you

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: i cannot get any sound on my computer

First, make sure it is not on mute :smileywink:

Do you get any error messages? What are you attempting to play? how long have you had the issue for?, did you recently add headphones or another audio output to your computer? What is the make and model?

Try this step first, well after checking mute

Sometimes it is necessary to do a hard reset to erase all of the information in the temporary memory and regain functionality of your PC when it stops responding. For example, doing a hard reset is helpful if your keyboard quits responding, you cannot get your PC to come out of hibernation or sleep mode, or if a software program causes the PC to freeze.
The hard reset will not delete saved files on the hard drive.
Performing a hard reset
To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.
1-Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove from any port replicator or docking station.
2-Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
3-Press and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds.
NOTE: Holding down the power button while the computer is turned off drains any residual charge in the capacitors.
4-Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
5-Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation