inbuilt speakers, microphone & SD card reader slot is not working from day one (563 Views)
Student
amt12005
Message 1 of 1 (563 Views)

inbuilt speakers, microphone & SD card reader slot is not working from day one

Dear friend

I bought my HP mini (model no. Hp Mini 110-3009TU; Sr. No. CNC02139GY) on 14th august 2010 from Home Comforts, MP Nagar Bhaopl, Madhya Pradesh, India. I bought it without any operating system and installed Linux [Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid)] on it. I'd like to inform you that it has two problems form day one.

• First problem is with inbuilt speakers & microphone, which are not functioning. However my headphone are working with this laptop. So I believe there is no problem with sound related driver. I think it is a hardware problem.

• Second problem is in SD card reader slot, which doesn't read inserted SD card.

• I've gone to HP service centre situated in MP Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. Experts over there said that they'll have to formate existing operating system (Linux) and need to install Windows to 'check' whether the said hardware(speakers, microphone & SD card reader) are working or not. Otherwise I've to bring one more laptop so same brand and same model, then only they can check by replacing parts.

• Both the options they'd given were ridiculous! I didn't understood why they are forcing me to install Windows?

• If HP is also selling laptops without any operating system, then it means the costumer is free to install any operating system of his/her choice. And why should I bring one more laptop? Doesn't your service centre equipped with proper instruments and expertise to check hardware of a laptop?

• Pretty girls working in your service centre were totally unaware of card reader – how does it functions?

• Even they didn't had any SD card to insert and check.

• One among them told me in soft voice: “Sir, you'll have to purchase one 'Jack' for this.” When I inquired further what is 'Jack' and why should I have to purchase it when all other laptops doesn't need such jack? She gone mute as my inbuilt speakers.

• Even if I do allow your service centre to install Windows to try out whether speakers, microphone and card reader is working or not, its sure 'experts' at your service centre will install pirated version of Windows. Is it not a malpractice? Does HP allow its service centre to do so??

• And further, even if I ignore your malfunctioning for my benefit, could your service centre assure me that inbuilt speakers, microphone and card reader will function properly in Linux as well. Because I would like to continue using Linux.

I request you to look into the matter and tell me what to do.

regards,

amit kohli

amt1205@gmail.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation