Question

Tutor
maggie75
Message 1 of 7 (1,481 Views)

internal microphone on HP 2000 notebook laptop not working

Tried to to a video call  today my son couldnt hear me al though i could hear him. Never happened before. Using windows live messenger. Checked the microphone said it was working properly and had the best driver installed. Why does it not work?  Anybody know

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 7 (1,431 Views)

internal microphone on HP 2000 notebook laptop not working

[ Edited ]

Hello maggie75. I understand that you're having some problems with your microphone.

You should try recording audio in another application so that you can determine whether this is an issue with the application or the microphone. Try the following.

1. Click Start, type "sound recorder," and press Enter. This opens the Sound Recorder application.
  2. Attempt to record sound.
  3. Verify whether or not you hear sound.
  4. Post the result.

Also. you may need to update some software. If this is the case it will be helpful to have your product number. This document can show you where it is located for me.

I will await the result of this. I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Tutor
maggie75
Message 3 of 7 (1,423 Views)

Re: internal microphone on HP 2000 notebook laptop not working

turned the laptop on the next day and it was working fine. Thanks  anyway

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 4 of 7 (1,410 Views)

I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved for you maggie75.  

Have a great rest of the week! :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
Glori
Message 5 of 7 (1,358 Views)

Hi, Not sure if I should've started a new thread, but I'm having the same problem. I tried the test mentioned above and got no sound at all. Help? and thank you. :smileyhappy:

Tutor
maggie75
Message 6 of 7 (1,355 Views)

dont know what happened but mine is  working now

Honor Student
Glori
Message 7 of 7 (1,351 Views)

After extensive searching (I'm still learning the ins and outs of Windows 8 lol), I found where I could tweak the mic levels. Turned out my mic was turned all the way down. Got it working now!  :womanvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation