internal speakers disabled and cant enable again (6417 Views)
Honor Student
goat414
Message 1 of 4 (6,417 Views)

internal speakers disabled and cant enable again

I was trying to connect my laptop to my HD TV so I made the HMDI my default playback but I disabled the internal speakers and now I can't figure out how to get them back on. The sound plays through my tv but when I unplug the HDMI cord the speakers don't play. Im using an HP Pavillion dv7 -3065dx model.
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (6,383 Views)

Re: internal speakers disabled and cant enable again

Hi,

Right click the speaker icon in your Taskbar and click on Playback Devices.  Right click in an empty area of this window and make sure there is a tick next to 'Show disconnected devices' and 'Show disabled devices'.  If you now see your 'Speakers and Headphones' option, right click this entry and either Enable it or Set as Default depending on the state it is in.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
Tarponmarj
Message 3 of 4 (6,106 Views)

I  tried the fix and I have nothing to choose from when I right click on the speaker icon and then select play back devices.  I'm afraid that I already deleted them.

Student
Jolie_Mou
Message 4 of 4 (5,176 Views)

VERY GOOD TROUBLESHOOTING , i was having the same issue with my DV6 and the issue waqs resolved after those TS steps ,,,,, i'am very happyyyyy many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation