internal speakers not working on windows 7 :( (16250 Views)
Top Student
simonfitzp
Message 1 of 5 (16,250 Views)

internal speakers not working on windows 7 :(

hi all !

i have a dv9702ea which since i bought it has not made even a whimper from its internal speakers. the headphones however work fine ? . i have tried everything like all drivers ,installing drivers in compatability mode, all software like quick play and the like , i even bought a new power button , cable and a new cable for the media buttons . after all this i still have no sound so i am totally lost at what to try next :smileysad: i even tried swapping the speakers from a friends dv9700 but no joy . any help or advice you guys could provide would be very useful ! 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (16,247 Views)

Re: internal speakers not working on windows 7 :(

Hi,

Have you tried to enable the Speakers in Playback devices as follows:

1. Right click speaker icon (right hand corner)
2. Select Playback devices
3. Right click Speakers
4. Enable it and set as Default
5. Click Apply/Ok

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
simonfitzp
Message 3 of 5 (16,242 Views)

yes i have tried that and the spekers are set as default , i just tried the microsoft fix thing and that said there was no problems? thanks for your help its much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Top Student
andykaly
Message 4 of 5 (16,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
  • have the same problem, did anyone resolve it?

tried IDT drivers reinstall - nothing.

in the IDT settings I can see the jack for headphones is ON while actually it is NOT!!!

Top Student
simonfitzp
Message 5 of 5 (16,054 Views)

i fixed my no sound issue , my internal speakers had failed if that helps ? got new one off ebay for £3.00

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation