no audio from hdmi on windows 8.1 (1138 Views)
Honor Student
tehrabyte
Message 1 of 4 (1,138 Views)

no audio from hdmi on windows 8.1

I've installed windows 8.1, I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV. I get the visual but not the audio. My laptop is the hp envy 15 j051sa, I've tried setting the hdmi output as default or enabled but I can't even find it on the playback devices. I switched it off leaving the cable inside and turning it on - same problem. I got that IDT audio driver thing, that doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me out?

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 4 (1,057 Views)

Re: no audio from hdmi on windows 8.1

Hi tehrabyte. There are no Windows 8.1 drivers for your model on HP's driver site. This download has worked for a few people with audio issues when going to 8.1. Try uninstalling your existing audio drivers and reinstalling this driver. Please let me know if it works.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-124012-1

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
tehrabyte
Message 3 of 4 (1,002 Views)

I tried it and it hasn't worked, does the problem got to do anything with the graphics card?
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 4 (927 Views)

Try this tehrabyte.
Right click the Sound icon in the bottom right corner, and choose Playback Devices.
Click your HDMI sound device, and go to Properties.
Go to enhancements tab and check the disable all enhancements, and click OK.
Let me know if you get sound over your HDMI port again.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation