no sound after Bios update (3481 Views)
Honor Student
nelsonator14
Message 1 of 61 (3,481 Views)

no sound after Bios update

i just recently did the BIOS update like 15 mins ago and now there is no sound on my computer. It's an HP Pavilion g6. the mic is not on mute so i dont know why it's doing this.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 61 (3,466 Views)

Re: no sound after Bios update

Hi:

Try resetting your BIOS to its defaults, and then you may have to reinstall the audio driver.

Paul

Student
midnighteyes
Message 3 of 61 (3,428 Views)

I'm having problems with the same model with this recent BIOS update, and apparently others have been too before.
Honor Student
mariama41
Message 4 of 61 (3,418 Views)

midnighteyes wrote:
I'm having problems with the same model with this recent BIOS update, and apparently others have been too before.

Honor Student
RaineuK
Message 5 of 61 (3,416 Views)

Hi 

After I did an update I lost my speakers. I am not able to get my speakers to work. I also tried to do an update on my printer update and there was an error with that update and it wont accept my printer. 

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 6 of 61 (3,366 Views)

[ Edited ]

First, for anyone who did not do this yet would you please post your Product number, here is a link to help you find it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00033108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en 

Please don't post your serial number, that is for one-on-one support.

Also if you have not mentioned it please let us know if the BIOS update was downloaded via HP Support Assistant or if you went to HP .com and downloaded and installed it yourself?

Could you please state which Softpaq you used , or which BIOS version your Notebook was updated to?

Could each person please say if they tried the step Paul recommended of resetting the defaults in the BIOS?

Also if that did not work , did anyone reinstall the audio driver?

All of this helps us to understand how to help you.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Honor Student
mariama41
Message 7 of 61 (3,325 Views)

my laptop still do not work since bios

Honor Student
mariama41
Message 8 of 61 (3,323 Views)

i download via hp assistance

Honor Student
RaineuK
Message 9 of 61 (3,320 Views)

Hi,

My product number is lk237av. The download was downloaded via HP Support Assistant. Let me give the latest update on what happened to my laptop. When I contact HP Technical Support to restore to factory settings, the operating system was corrupted, my speakers were not functioning, but I could use head phones and hear sound, I would get blue screens so my mother board was damaged, so I had to send my laptop back to HP for repairs. I am very concerned now about installing bios updates as it caused a lot a damage when I did it last. I had to wipe my computer clean and that is a real hassel at least to me. I hope that HP will test their BIOs before they send them out to avoid this problem again.

Thank you,

Student
dezzy151
Message 10 of 61 (3,248 Views)

ya this wuz def from an HP bios update, had the HP sign, blue screen saying it was an important update to BIOS, and it happened when i was booting up.

it said that i would have to use the audio 3 in order to get sound now from my hdmi...but hdmi is supposed to carry both vid and aud, and it has until now.

tried rebooting, removed cables from both sides, tried looking up sound on CP and it just says that my hdmi is not disabled, but has no other options; all grayed out.

I looked on bios and there is no option for sound there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation