Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

after about 3 months.bought it in january last year.

HP Recommended

@ KYALO,

I would like you to check your current BIOS version. See the screenshots below for assistances.

bios1.PNG

bios3.PNG

This link will provide an install for your BIOS. If the version that is installed on your computer is older than what is online please upgrade it.

If you have to upgrade the BIOS, please have the AC adapter plugged in throughout the process, also save the file first and then install it. More than likely the computer will shut down and restart which is normal.

Once completed please test out your sound.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

it is a 2011 version

HP Recommended

@KYALO,

So the version is up to date, is that correct?

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Yea..Its updated to Insyde f.53 10/24/2012
HP Recommended

@ KYALO

I would like you to access the BIOS menu and load the default settings, see the steps below for help.

1.       Turn off the computer

2.       As soon as you turn the computer back on immediately start tapping the F10 key

3.        If successful press the F9 key, a prompt will come up, accept that prompt

4.       Then  press F10 to save and exit

Once you are back on your main screen test your  speakers out.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Still no change..i think its an hardware issue..

HP Recommended

@KYALO,

Sounding more like the sound card, you mentioned you got the notebook last January most warranties are 1 yr but some computers come with 2 year warranties, or if you purchased any type of extended warranty. You might want to consider setting up a possible repair, if you reside in the US or Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836, or if you reside in a different country you can click on this link and select your country.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Why is it that Only the Right Speaker are Functioning.

i just my hp pavilion dvd6, and it has been a problem. actually i am in Korea where visiting the HP service center is tarvelling atleast 3hrs from where i am from what i got as information from some friends. secondly i am foreigner in Korea, difficult to find such location with everything in korean language.

My Problems Goes.

when i bought the labtop and installed the system, at anytime there's automatic an update on the the internet acess becomes impossible, until i backdates it or carry a recovery action.

it then moved to no images when watching some tv channels. when these channels are streaming live, i  get only the sound with no image. this was with internet explorer with with the computer was purchase with. 

Then i decided to change my internet search machine to firefox. the channels and streaming became possible after a prompt to install flash player, which i did.

But then another problem started which is currently persisting despite all my effort to find solution and verifying my audio system over and over. Only the Right Speaker are Functioning.

Why is it that Only the Right Speaker are Functioning?

Why have i got so many problems with a brand new product as such?

please i really wish to have a solution and very worry this computer being a student and a precious tool for my studies.

HP Recommended

I  tried out the above  steps..

My driver is working properly but left dolby advanced speaker of my hp pavilion dv6 has stopped suddenly

and still not working ...

waiting  for a positive response ..

Reply as soon as as possible.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.