Question

Tutor
valkmanb
Message 1 of 5 (1,605 Views)

pavilion DV7-4100 laptop sound issues.. HELP!!!

hi..

a week old hp DV7-4100 laptop

did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate 64bit

function key works, since i can hit fn and lower or increase volume (as a test to see if the Fn button work)

but fn b does not work no matter what

i have the beats audio (IDT audio software installed), and the hp quick launch software installed

no help

uninstalled them and reinstalled them.. no help

after installing quick launch, i was under the impression the FN + ESC would show the system properties... in my case.. none... fn works with all the function keys, except for the ESC key..

please assist... those two issues are bugging the living heck out of me

i dont have a recovery partion no the recovery cd.. so there must be some driver or drivers or something for my model laptop that would fix the issue

thanks..

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 5 (1,590 Views)

Re: pavilion DV7-4100 laptop sound issues.. HELP!!!

[ Edited ]

Make sure HP quicklaunch buttons and HP beats software are enabled on startup under msconfig. Also ensure you have latest version of HP Quick Launch Button Software. The latest update  Fixes an issue where the Beats Audio feature does not work.

HP Quick Launch Button Software Download

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-88361-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Tutor
valkmanb
Message 3 of 5 (1,584 Views)

thanks

in msconfig i have hp launch buttons is checked and i dont have beats audio entry, i have IDT audio instead, both under startup tab

and both are enabled

and the link you provided me for the same version of the hp launch buttons software.. which is the 2.20

and still not working...

dunno what other routes to take to get that fn-b to work

Tutor
valkmanb
Message 4 of 5 (1,539 Views)

any addition help is appreciated this issue is so frustrating.. i did a search in the forums.. and most of them say uninstall IDT audio software, and install the IDT from this link (a link that cyclopse) posted

install the quick launch... nothing

fn button works anywhere else.. like dimming, volume up and down.. but the fn b does not work...

thanks

Tutor
valkmanb
Message 5 of 5 (1,424 Views)

ok.. i think i might reached or close to a solution..

but

does anyone know where i can get the "original" sound card drivers for my laptop

aparantly the IDT update from the hp site breaks that feature

i looked all over and i cant seem to find that specific original driver for the sound for my model laptop

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation