Question
" NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED " ....
Replies (48)

Tutor
theos
Message 21 of 49 (7,828 Views)

Re: " NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED " ....

Yes it is incredible how many users are experiencing the same problem and no official reaction from HP.
Now I have read lots of replays on this topic, and unfortunately I have the same problem, no fix works, so I am thinking about the overheating problem that my be the culprit in this matter. Did you notice that your hp is overheating on the bottom? Did your laptop shot down itself at least once because of overheating? Mine did, and this is bad news. I even opened my laptop piece by piece, checked all the wires...nothing at first look, then must be a hardware failure, and I think it is because of the constant overheating. The software conflict can do the job too, but if it is, is something very strange/ unusual.

Still, if anybody has another ideas than everything posted on this thread...I am interested, I still hope, maybe, maybe the chip is not broken....

thanks.
Mr. T

Student
1ipenny2
Message 22 of 49 (7,517 Views)

Now that I read this, I never had the no sound problem until today when I had to install active x to install another program for audio recording. thanks haven't tried it but I will see if it works

Student
LancelotM
Message 23 of 49 (7,259 Views)

Hey man, I read your post about the sound issue your having. This is a widespread problem and there are thousands of HP people expeiencing the same thing, and everyone has a remedy that doesn't work. I have recently talked to some tech. people at HP and a repair pc place here by my home and they said that it's a hardware issue and it's a physical connection issue between the solder areas in or around the connection between two chips and it's caused by the pc getting too hot and then cooling off, i.e. they get brickle and break.

I have the same problem and if you should know something different please let me know man, cause I'm at a loss, downloaded all these great new release movies and some music and stuff and cannot listen to them, no sound. Sometimes, every once in a while when I reboot it'll work, but it's hit and miss like 2 out ten times it'll work.

Hope that helps, if you know something please holler at me.

Thanks,

Jason

Student
kirk85
Message 24 of 49 (6,813 Views)

i solved my problem with no sound, I'm talking about red x on speaker icon when you hover over it it says no audio output device installed. what i did was unistalled microsoft service pack 1

Now my sound works again.   I can't believe hp would not help us with this problem. I spent 1600 bucks on this laptop and expect quality support. think I will buy an apple next time

Student
aaronrao
Message 25 of 49 (6,642 Views)

[ Edited ]

dude thanks a lot its guys like you that save our {Content Edited} CHEERS

Top Student
sailby
Message 26 of 49 (6,566 Views)

This just goes on and on!  Have HP dv6604nr that has no sound, no listing in Devices for sound and now cd/dvd player is mostly useless.  It's a shame because it is a nice laptop but should have bought a Dell.  I have always fought going to Apple but may now consider or do we just buy cheap laptops of under $300 so when they don't work like they should the pain will not be so bad.

Tutor
DJJarak
Message 27 of 49 (5,907 Views)

I have an HP Pavilion dv9820us Entertainment Notebook PC and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. The night before last, my audio device simply vanished and I can't find a replacement. HP Support & Drivers won't help because it doesn't list Windows 7 as an OS when I specify my computer model. I tried System Restore, but it didn't help. HELP!!!!

-Daniel "DJ Jarak" Wysocki of Aperture Star Creations
Top Student
tony_rigby_uk
Message 28 of 49 (5,541 Views)

"they said that it's a hardware issue and it's a physical connection issue between the solder areas in or around the connection between two chips and it's caused by the pc getting too hot and then cooling off, i.e. they get brickle and break."

I'm beginning to agree with this statement, i've had this for a while for a couple of months now... resorted to every trick in the book..

1) Drivers (for the chipset as the audio drivers won't install because it isn't there!!)

2) Clean Install of windows

3) BIOS

4) Pretty much every internet idea,

5) Replacement of two ribbons, (one to speakers and one to on switch)

6) Replacement of sound board which looks like this:- http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqYOKkYE2Lo4gVUBBNtqlMYk1Q~~0_12.JPG

still noting and still not appearing in device manager.... Think it's time to accept that whilst this seems to be a software and driver issue... there is nothing left to to try other than a motherboard... and that just makes these not viable laptops to own...

shame as i liked HP as a brand... but i just can't rely on them.....

Tutor
kristain
Message 29 of 49 (5,467 Views)

Follow given steps:

1) GO BACK INTO "Device Manager" (dreaded, soul-crushing thing)

2) Go into "SYSTEM DEVICES"

3) Find "System speaker"

4) Uninstall it.

5) Go into hibernate/restart (I hibernated for a few minutes), cross your fingers and hope the dreaded red X is gone.

I hope it works for you :smileyhappy:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-Installed-No-CD-DVD/...

Student
ITGUYGROWING
Message 30 of 49 (5,413 Views)

MY friends i really share you concerns. I had this problem and I have Spent a lots of time trying to fix this.

I tried to fix this .

First of all my system specification are

1. windows 7 ultimate

2. HP Pavilion DV 6600

Please bellow are the steps i took to repair mine and this actually healed my unrecognized USB port

1. Shut down your machine.

2. Start your Machine

and got Device manager ( By holding the windows key and pause on your keyboard) or right click

computer at start menu and click manage. you need administrative account for this.

3.Go to system devices and uninstall any AUDIO DEVICE CONTROLLER. If can see it go to this link and follow the steps

http://www.arctechblog.com/index.php/2010/10/10/tips-tricks/no-audio-output-device-installed-on-wind...

4. shutdown your machine and during start up  PRESS AND HOLD the following keys

CTRL+ALT+DELETE+ESC+WINDOWS KEY( WITH FLAG)+F9 or F10 you hear beeps it will go away please hold until windows boot all the way till there is no blinking of HARD DISK.

Please restart after that and if it does not work please repeat the process above.

Thank you all. I have my sound back now. It feels good.

All the best from ITGUYGROWING.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation