Question

Student
prandall2005
Message 1 of 5 (388 Views)
Accepted Solution

sound does not work on my HP Pavilion dv7-6b78us

Running windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dv7-6b78 us laptop computer. The sound has never worked on this machine. Trouble shooting sound test fails.  Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

Re: sound does not work on my HP Pavilion dv7-6b78us

[ Edited ]

Go to the link below to access your support page. Download & Save the latest Audio driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5204...

Go into Control Panel,Programs & Features-uninstall IDT software.Restart the laptop and install using the downloaded file.

```````````````````````````````````````

If still no resolution ,enter BIOS setup by tapping/holding the F10 key immediately after powering on the laptop. Reset to Default settings,(usually tap F9,check bottom of screen), Save & Exit.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
wjb75
Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

Hey Thanks I tried several other solutions but non work. Man I'm not too imprested with this HP. Probably the last one for me. I uninstalled the IDT  like you said. Then downloaded the one in the computer. Wa La, sounds great now. I have no idea what cause this. Thanks again.

Best Regards

Boatmanwjb

Top Student
wjb75
Message 4 of 5 (320 Views)

Thanks work great. Don't know what caused this problem.
Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 5 (306 Views)

You're very welcome!

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation