Question

Honor Student
kcanevari
Message 1 of 6 (146 Views)

speaker trouble with hp envy 6 notebook

My hp envy 6 notebook is about 1 1/2 years old. Recently I've noticed the sound getting softer and softer, so that now I have to put the sound up to 100 to hear it. It has been gradually getting softer. Any ideas?

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 6 (119 Views)

Re: speaker trouble with hp envy 6 notebook

Hi kcanevari, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand that your sound is gradually getting harder to hear. To provide you with accurate information I need specific information about your system. What is the model or product number? What version of Windows is installed?

Guide to finding your product number
Which Windows operating system am I running?

Is this softening of the audio only noticed through your speakers, or does it happen through headphones or external speakers as well?

I look forward to your response.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
kcanevari
Message 3 of 6 (98 Views)

What is the model or product number? What version of Windows is installed? Is this softening of the audio only noticed through your speakers, or does it happen through headphones or external speakers as well?

Thanks for your response! Here's the info you need: 

HP envy m6 notebook pc

product #C2N76UA#ABA

Windows 8 64-bit

It happens through external speakers more noticeably, but I have found lately that it's starting to happen through head phones.

I hope this helps and thanks again for responding!

Kathy

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 6 (94 Views)

Thank you kcanevari. The first thing to try is to ensure the communcations tab is set to 'Do Nothing'. There is an image of this in the first answer on this site: Windows 8 turns program sound volume down randomly

If this doesn't fix it, can you verify if ANY volume sliders change position when the 'softening' occurs?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Honor Student
kcanevari
Message 5 of 6 (88 Views)

I changed the sound card setting to do nothing and it fixed the problem. Thank you!

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)

Excellent. If you could mark my post with the 'Accept As Solution' button it will help the community find our conversation more easily.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation