Question

Student
mellie345
Message 1 of 10 (918 Views)
Accepted Solution

speakers don't work

There was an automatic Windows update on my computer today. Now my speakers don't work with Firefox or Chrome but they do work with Internet Explorer, which I prefer not to use as my browser. What happened, how do I get it back?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 10 (879 Views)

Re: speakers don't work

Go to the link below.Enter your Product Number as listed on Service Tag attached to bottom of notebook (may be under battery). You can also get the Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key. After entering PN, click Next ,then choose Software & Drivers.On the next page use the dropdown to select your OS (probably Windows 7 64bit). A list will populate with drivers. Download & install the latest Audio driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 3 of 10 (789 Views)

speakers don't work

[ Edited ]

Hey mellie345,

Looks like the fix CherylG gave you worked.

Glad you back up and going .

THX again for helping CherylG.

:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
apuzzi
Message 4 of 10 (636 Views)

my speakers are not working. the speaker icon next to quickplay is orange and won't turn on(blue).

Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 10 (619 Views)

Hello apuzzi,

I see that you are having problems with the sound on your computer. I would like to help with the issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

How long have you been having the sound problem?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
apuzzi
Message 6 of 10 (593 Views)

dv4t-1000

Honor Student
apuzzi
Message 7 of 10 (588 Views)

and they still don't work

Professor
npw05001
Message 8 of 10 (554 Views)

Thanks for the information,

What operating system are you using? How long have you been having the no sound issue?

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for sound issues. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Student
mohamed53
Message 9 of 10 (464 Views)

speaker do not work

Professor
npw05001
Message 10 of 10 (367 Views)

Hello mohamed53,

I see that you are having problems with the sound on your computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation